Miss E loves to wear dresses. Especially play dresses. So I sewed her a couple for the summer. I used a pattern for a woven girls dress (Simplicity 9497), but sewed it as a knit. I went down a couple sizes for the width, to decrease the ease, since knits are stretchy and patterns for girls tend to have lots of extra ease. I also added a couple inches to the bottom of the bodice, since Miss E protested that the waist was too high when I sewed up the first dress. I had to cut into some fabric I bought for something else, but it turned out super cute.
I also changed the width of the skirt since I had limited fabric,
instead of using the pattern pieces. This made the skirt narrower, but
again, patterns tend to have too much ease, and they turned out
perfect. Miss E loves them, and the maxi is dressy enough for her to wear to church or special occasions.