Pattern Testing the Everly Dress for Peekaboo Pattern Shop

I tested a new girls dress pattern, the Everly, from Peekaboo Pattern Shop last month.  I already own a few dress patterns from Peekaboo, but this one has an option for buttons down the front.  The dress has a womens version as well, the Edenbrooke.


For the first version, I made my oldest and youngest matching dresses out of sweater knit that I found at Girl Charlee in their clearance section.  I had been planning on making them dresses anyway, so the pattern testing was just at the right time.


I did a plain front dress, with a gathered skirt.  I added a little length to my oldest's skirt, since she is tall and was in the largest size (size 12).  For my youngest, I made her a 2T with 3T length at the bottom of the bodice and the skirt.  They both really loved their dresses, and they still love matching.


For the second version of the test, I made my oldest a black and white dress with a button front bodice and a skater skirt.  I love the way this one looks. 


I used cotton lycra jersey for the bodice, lined in more cotton lycra jersey (black, if you can believe it!)  Both jerseys were from the Peekaboo's fabric shop.  The skirt is made from thick ponte, which I found at Hobby Lobby when I realized I didn't have enough of the black cotton lycra jersey left over from when I last used it.



It was for my daughter's Halloween costume, so I wanted it to be warm (she was a cat girl from Minecraft).  I left the skirt unhemmed, since she is so tall, and it works with the ponte fabric.  She loves this one as well.  Both dresses have been worn regularly since I made them, which is always a win for mom.


Comments